- Mix garlic, saffron and Greenfields Morrocan tagine spice together with a grind of salt and cracked black pepper.
- Rub chicken with the mixture, cover, refrigerate and marinate from 3 to 4 hours (as long as possible).
- Heat oil in heavy pan, add the chicken pieces and brown on all sides for 3-4 mins each side. Remove to side dish.
- Add onions to the pan and cook with a medium-low heat for about 10 minutes, until lightly browned, transfer to a tagine.
- Quarter the lemons, remove pulp and cut skin in strips.
- Put the chicken on top of the browned onions with the olives, lemon strips and a cinnamon stick.
- Mix the chicken stock and lemon juice and pour over the chicken.
- Cover your tagine with lid. Place over low heat, and cook about 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked thoroughly – no pink meat.
- Optional – place chopped parsley on top the top of the dish to serve.
Note: if you do not have a tagine to hand you can use your heavy based pan